The City of Mansfield Economic Assistance Programs are:
- City of Mansfield Enterprise Zone Tax Abatements: Manufacturing, warehouse/distribution, and research and development oriented businesses interested in expanding or locating in the City of Mansfield may be eligible for tax abatement of real and personal property taxes for up to 10 years. Projects must involve a substantial investment and create quality, full-time equivalent jobs.
- City of Mansfield Community Reinvestment Area Tax Abatements: Manufacturing, warehouse/distribution, research and development, professional services, and commercial oriented businesses interested in expanding or locating in designated areas may be eligible for tax abatement of up to 100% of real property taxes for up to 15 years. Projects must involve a substantial investment and create quality, full-time equivalent jobs.
- City of Mansfield Revolving Loan Fund (RLF): The City’s RLF uses community development block grant funds to serve as gap financing for employers creating jobs for low-to-moderate income workers. The City may lend up to $150,000 in RLF funds based on $5,000 per full-time job created.
- Site Location Assistance: The Economic Development staff works closely with the Richland Area Chamber & Economic Development (RCDG) and local realtors to assist in searching for commercial and industrial sites.
- Liaison Services: The City of Mansfield will act as liaison with economic development and government entities to ensure projects move swiftly.
- Job Training Services: The Job Network, a One-Stop employment system for Richland and Crawford Counties, through the Job & Family Services Office, can assist employers with the following services: On-site recruiting at the employer’s facility or provide space at the Job Services Office; Pre-screening of job applicants customized to the employer needs; Provide facilities for interviews, scheduling of interviews and for other needs in meeting rooms equipped with audio visual support systems; Local labor market information, wage information, and education/training outlook; Job profile analysis and job description templates; Job matching services using SCOTI; Advertise hiring and recruiting events in local and surrounding areas and staff assistance in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Foreign Trade Zone: Portions of Richland County are included in Foreign Trade Zone 181, offering sites that provide numerous cost-reduction benefits for companies doing business globally. These sites, which include prime industrial and warehouse space, can mean significant, ongoing savings.
For more information, please contact Tim Bowersock, Economic Development Director at: 419.755.9794 or E-mail him at: email@example.com