Who must file:
- Every Mansfield resident eighteen years of age and older: must file a Mansfield income tax return. The only exception to this is to have registered with the tax department as retired and your income is not subject to municipal income tax.
- Every non-resident individual: earning income in Mansfield not subject to employee withholding of Mansfield income tax must file an annual Mansfield income tax return.
- Every non-resident individual: with rental property or engaged in a business or profession in Mansfield must file an annual Mansfield income tax return.
- Partial-year residents: must file for the time spent as a resident of Mansfield. Income may be pro-rated for the time lived in Mansfield. Income and tax credits may be pro-rated for the time lived in Mansfield. Attach a worksheet to your return explaining your calculations.
Interactive Tax Form
The Interactive Tax Form was designed to provide an easy way for you to prepare your taxes. Your Mansfield city income tax return will now be prepared for you in a few simple steps!
Using the ‘Get Started’ button below will take you to a new page to begin the Interactive Tax Form or download the PDF files below.
Prior Year(s) Interactive Tax Forms
2019 Interactive Tax Forms
Current Individual Tax Forms and Instructions
Prior Year(s) Individual Tax Forms
2019 Individual Forms
2018 Individual Forms
2017 Individual Forms
2016 Individual Forms
2015 Individual Forms
2014 Individual Forms
2013 Individual Forms
Department of Finance
Division of Municipal Income Tax
E-Filing your City of Mansfield Income Tax Return
To utilize the eFile system, you will need your social security number and the numeric portion of your address. For security purposes, each year you’re are required to create a new PIN for your online account – even if you have filed with us online previously. Simply follow the screen prompts when accessing this site for the first time: Choose your account type, enter your SSN and and click the “Don’t have a PIN?” link.
In the event YOU ARE NOT IN OUR SYSTEM it will be necessary to register with the City of Mansfield Income Tax Division BEFORE e-filing. It will take two (2) business days to activate your account.
Registering is simple and can be done by:
Calling our office at: 419.755.9711, or by e-mailing, faxing or mailing the Income Tax Registration Form found below.
Our e-mail address is: email@example.com or fax to: 419.755.9751
Mailing address: 30 North Diamond Street, Mansfield, Ohio 44902
If you choose to email the registration form we recommend you do not include the social security number and call our office to add this information.
This button opens a new tab.
- City of Mansfield, Ohio does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- City of Mansfield, Ohio does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and does not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- City of Mansfield, Ohio cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- City of Mansfield, Ohio is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- City of Mansfield, Ohio does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
- In addition, this link will take you to a website that may have different privacy, security, and accessibility policies than the City of Mansfield, Ohio.
- When linking to a third-party site, you are encouraged to examine the privacy statement of that site.
Social Security & The Finder Links
Please use this Social Security link to access your personal earnings history which may be needed to file tax returns for previous years.
Link to determine applicable City Income Tax based on residential address.
Who Must File:
- C-Corporations: C-Corporations are required to file as entities on the net profit or loss derived from sales made, work done, services performed or rendered and business or other activities conducted in Mansfield, whether or not the corporation has a place of business in Mansfield.
- S-Corporations: S-Corporations are required to file as entities on the net profit or loss derived from sales made, work done, services performed or rendered and business or other activities conducted in Mansfield, whether or not such corporation has a place of business in Mansfield. If the S-Corporation has net income, the corporation must pay the tax due rather than the individual shareholders. The individual shareholders of an S-corporation may not include any gain or loss on their individual returns.
- Partnerships: Partnerships are required to file as entities on the net profit or loss derived from sales made, work, done, services performed or rendered and business or other activities conducted in Mansfield, whether or not such partnership has a place of business in Mansfield.
- LLC9s: A limited liability company is required to file consistent with its federal filing. For example, if the LLC is recognized as a partnership at the federal level, it should file as a partnership at the local level. Single member LLC’s that report net profit or loss on Federal form 1040, schedule C should file as an individual taxpayer at the local level.
- Miscellaneous Entities: Any undertaking, not specifically defined above, conducting activities or producing income, including but not limited to, rental of real estate and personal property, and a business conducted by a trust or guardianship of an estate that produces a net profit shall be subject to city income tax and is required to file a return as an entity.
Current Business Tax Forms and Instructions
Prior Year(s) Business Tax Forms
2019 Business Forms
2018 Business Forms
2017 Business Forms
2016 Business Forms
2015 Business Forms
2014 Business Forms
2013 Business Forms
Change of Address
Change of Address Form
2020 Employee Withholding
2019 Employee Withholding
Unpaid Tax Interest Rates
The Interest Rate that will be applied to all unpaid income tax, unpaid estimated income tax and unpaid withholding tax will be:
- 2021 – 5% per annum
- 2020 – 7% per annum
- 2019 – 7% per annum
- 2018 – 6% per annum
- 2017 – 6% per annum
- 2016 – 5% per annum
Tax Payer Rights & Responsibilities
TAXPAYERS’ RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
“TAXPAYERS’ RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES” means the rights provided to taxpayers in sections 718.11 , 718.12 , 718.19, 718.23, 718.36, 718.37, 718.38, 5717.011 , and 5717.03 of the Ohio Revised Code and any corresponding ordinances of the Municipality, and the responsibilities of taxpayers to file, report, withhold, remit, and pay municipal income tax and otherwise comply with Chapter 718 of the Ohio Revised Code and resolutions, ordinances, and rules adopted by a municipal corporation for the imposition and administration of a municipal income tax.
These rights and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The municipal corporation shall maintain a Local Board of Tax Review to hear appeals of the taxpayer on assessments issued by the Tax Administrator. The Taxpayer or the Tax Administrator may appeal the Final Determination of the Local Board of Tax Review.
Civil actions to recover municipal income tax, penalties and interest have time limits.
Taxpayer has a prescribed manner in which to request a refund from the Tax Administrator.
Taxpayer has a required responsibility to timely and accurately file annual returns, reports, documents, and to timely remit all taxes due on such annual returns, reports, documents and filings.
At or before the commencement of an audit (where the tax administrator has ordered the appearance of the taxpayer), the Tax Administrator shall inform and provide the Taxpayer with certain information regarding the audit.
Taxpayer has a required responsibility to allow examination of their books, papers, records, and federal and state income tax returns by the tax administrator.
Taxpayer has certain recourse if aggrieved by an action or omission of the Tax Administrator, their employee or an employee of the municipal corporation.
Establish a New Account
NOTE! – These forms are for ONE-TIME registration only.
Income Tax Code
Click here to search for the Mansfield Tax Codes.
- NOTE – after clicking the link, to search for codes that went into effect in 2015, type “191” in the search area
- NOTE – after clicking the link, to search for codes that went into effect in 2016, type “193” in the search area
Transient Occupancy Tax Form
Transient Occupancy Tax Form
Mansfield City Income Tax
PO Box 577
Mansfield, OH 44901
(Mansfield Municipal Building – 7th Floor)
Hours: 7:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M
Monday – Friday
E-mail: Income Tax Director